Founded by Dr. Brittany Lewis in 2019, Research in Action is an urban research, strategy, and community engagement firm. Research in Action is committed to using human centered design to move from equity based language to equity based actions. Through thought leadership, speaking, community engaged research, and urban strategy Research in Action’s vision for systems change calls for more diverse stakeholders to understand how data, evaluation, and analysis can be used as a tool of action.
Thought Leadership & Speaking
- Present complex urban planning, design, and community economic development ideas, trends, and histories to mixed audiences for corporations, non-profits, government, and community
- Provide expert opinions on critical legal issues
- Write expert analysis on local, state, and federal policy or programmatic changes
Community Engaged Action Research
- Conduct generative and evaluative human center research analysis
- Gather, code, analyze qualitative data
- Discover best practices, analyze and collect existing literature and quantitative data
- Develop data collection instruments that include semi-structured interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Write, review, and edit actionable research products and policy brief
- Co-design and analyze program evaluation metrics
- Identify and design human centered community engagement approaches